WATCH NOBLE GROW • MONTH THREE

Tuesday, July 21, 2015



06.12.2015
nine weeks old


06.19.2015
ten weeks old


06.26.2015
eleven weeks old


07.03.2015
twelve weeks old


07.10.2015
three months old

eating • is your favorite thing to do
sleeping • pretty well - you're usually down by 7 PM and wake to feed around 3-4 AM, waking for the day around 7-8
wearing • 0-3 month clothes, but I really should have packed them away by now and brought out the 3-6 months • size 2 diapers fit just right, but at the rate you’re growing, you’ll be in size 3 next month
milestones • 06/18 - slept through the night for the 1st time • 06.21 - reached for the bottom toys on your play gym • 06.29 - your 1st road trip (to Alabama) • 07.06 - noticed your feet for the first time • celebrated your 1st fourth of July

NOBLE! I’m in disbelief. I feel giddy in love when I think about you. I never believed in love at first sight. I thought that love grew and became more complex over time, and it does, but in this case, I was wrong. I fell in love with you the moment I held you. I can’t get enough of you. When someone offers me a break and asks me what I want to do with that time my answer is always, ‘Just hold Noble and take the time to really look at him.’ Joy bubbles up inside of me when I’m able to spend time being still with you. You are generous with your smiles this month and attached to your pacifier, but even more attached to your right hand. You ball it up into a fist and can keep yourself entertained for an hour or more, just sucking away at it. It has posed a challenge with its ability to escape the swaddle. We’re probably going to start teaching you how to sleep without being swaddled this week. Your smile started out as a crooked grin and has now grown into a full blown, bright as the sun smile. The kind that causes you so much excitement, you have to straighten your legs out and let out a shriek. You’ve become so vocal, coos accompany your wiggles and grunts come out with each stretch. Your ability to voice your opinion has grown right along with this. Faces are no longer quite as fascinating - more often you enjoy sitting in our laps, turned out towards the world, watching. As far as I can tell, you’re a homebody. Your facial expressions when we leave the house lead me to believe you are merely tolerating this. You would always rather be at home snuggled into someone’s arms enjoying the air conditioning. This made our first road trip a challenge, but you still did better than I had expected.  You enjoy your sister and often smile when she walks into the room or when you hear her laugh, but you also aren’t afraid to voice your opinion when she’s being too loud. You like to eat your meals in peace and quiet, but those are two words that just aren’t a part of her plans most days. Three months has been a hard milestone to face because it feels like a final goodbye to the newborn phase. You are a full blown baby now.

1 comments:

 

© The Long Way Home All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger